Final results of Regi’s annual Investor Relations study 2018: Tryg scored best company overall, followed by Kemira, Investor, Sandvik and Genmab.
In total, 80 companies are included in the 21st edition of IR Nordic Markets. About 300 financial analysts have rated companies they actively follow, based on objective opinions and personal experience. The survey includes 25 criteria, from the Annual Report to the perception of top management’s communication skills and competence.
Danish insurance company Tryg received the best average ratings before Kemira and Investor.
Moreover, Tryg’s IRO Mr. Gianandrea Roberti holds the best overall score in the Nordics. In Sweden, Sandvik’s IRO Ms. Ann-Sofie Nordh is ranked as best IRO before Mr. Emmett Harrison with Swedish Match and Investor’s IRO Mr. Magnus Dalhammar.
Kemira’s IRO Mr. Olli Turunen is ranked as best IRO in Finland; apart from holding a top position for the company’s overall ratings. In Norway, YARA International is best company; last year’s top placing TOMRA trailing close behind before Ocean Yield. SAS’s IRO tops the list in Norway, along with a 3rd place in Denmark and 5th place in Sweden (#1 overall 2017).
New criteria in this year’s edition of the study include CSR & Sustainability, the Annual Report’s outlook on future and strategy, Financial Reporting along with a new section focusing on the IR-team. An interesting fact is that 35% of all answers to the question on CSR & Sustainability rendered a “no answer” reply, the average grade seen to all companies was 7,49 (on a scale from 1-10).
In general, Nordic listed companies receive high grades for their financial communication, homepage and other more or less standardized items. Personal traits, trust and the ability to handle situations that arise will make a difference.
Results – best Nordic companies, IROs and CFOs are presented below. For more information, please contact email@example.com.
RESULTS ”IR NORDIC MARKETS 2018”:
* Best company
* Best IRO
* Best CFO
5. Swedish Match
1. Sandvik, Ann-Sofie Nordh, Chef Investor Relations
2. Swedish Match, Emmett Harrison, Vice President Investor Relations and Corporate Sustainability
3. Investor, Magnus Dalhammar, Head of Investor Relations
4. Skanska, André Lövgren, Senior Vice President Investor Relations
5. SAS, Magnus Hurst, Acting Head of Investor Relations & Björn Tibell*
1. Atlas Copco, Hans Ola Meyer, Chief Financial Officer
2. Gränges, Oskar Hellström, CFO & vice VD
3. Sandvik, Tomas Eliasson, Executive Vice President and CFO
4. Essity, Fredrik Rystedt, CFO and Executive Vice President
5. Swedbank, Anders Karlsson, CFO
1. Kemira, Olli Turunen, Vice President, Investor Relations
2. Cargotec, Hanna-Maria Heikkinen, Vice President, Investor Relations
2.Sampo, Jarmo Salonen, Head of Investor Relations and Group Communications
3.Neste, Juha-Pekka Kekäläinen, Vice President, Investor Relations
1. Kesko, Jukka Erlund, Executive Vice President, CFO
2. Sampo, Peter Johansson, CFO
3. Fortum, Markus Rauramo, Chief Financial Officer
1. Yara International
3. Ocean Yield
1. SAS, Magnus Hurst, Acting Head of Investor Relations & Björn Tibell*
2. Borregard, Jørn Syvertsen, Director Investor Relations
2. Ocean Yield, Marius Magelie, SVP Finance & IR
3. Aker Solutions, Fredrik Berge, Senior Manager, Investor Relations
1. Aker Solutions, Svein Stoknes, Chief Financial Officer
2. Aker BP, Alexander Krane, Chief Financial Officer
3. Golden Ocean Group, Per Heiberg, Chief Financial Officer
3. William Demant Holding
1. Tryg, Gianandrea Roberti, Head of Investor Relations
2. Genmab, Rachel Curtis Gravesen, Senior Vice President, Investor Relations & Communications
3. SAS, Magnus Hurst, Acting Head of Investor Relations & Björn Tibell*
1. Genmab, David A. Eatwell, Executive VP & Chief Financial Officer
2. DSV, Jens H. Lund, CFO
3. GN Store Nord, Marcus Desimoni, CFO
* SAS previous Head of IR Mr. Björn Tibell left the company during the ongoing survey. He is now Head of IR with ASSA ABLOY.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Senior Consultant and Founder
+46 707 705 385
Regi Research & Strategi is a Stockholm-based analysis consultancy. Founded in 1997, Regi is specialized in managing syndicated trade studies; mapping sectors and thus identifying insights, quality markers and trends in the Nordics. The IR Nordic Markets project has now been conducted for the 21st time, similar projects are run in the fields of Corporate Law (Årets Advokatbyrå) and Communication/Advertising (Årets Byrå).